Image Map

Friday, August 12, 2011

on the needles

Well, I have already begun my Christmas knitting for this year. Some would say that I'm starting a bit on the early side, but I'm sure that there are others who are already halfway done! First up is a cowl for my sister-in-law. Having already made a  Gap-tastic cowl for myself earlier this spring, I know that this pattern is great to work on while watching tv and has a sophisticated look about it.




 My SIL is obsessed with the color purple so the obvious choice would be to knit her something in that colorway.

I quickly decided against that for two reasons: (1) She wears it so often that it would be better to knit her something that would go with her already vast collection of purple tops. (2) I want to knit projects with the yarn that I already have and not add to my stash for the rest of 2011.





My solution was to use up some of my Cascade Eco-Wool and hold it with a variegated purple crochet thread that someone gave me (for free!!! yay!!!).





How are you coming on your Christmas knitting?

(for updates on this project, you can follow my progress on Ravelry)