Image Map

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Biting off more than I can chew? (100 Days of Collage)

For those of you who are addicted to Instagram like I am, you are all probably aware of the #the100daysproject. For everyone else, it is a sort of challenge to creative people to do what they do for 100 days in a row. I found out about it's launch date just before it happened and made an impulse decision to join in by focusing on #100daysofcollage. At first I used papers from my collection of magazines, but then switched over to my hand-printed ones on day three. 


Rachel Loewens: #100daysofcollage
Old palette paper + drawn tissue paper.

Rache Loewens: #100daysofcollage
Monoprint + layers of drawn tissue paper + acrylic paint
My stash of monoprints was starting to get low so I started cranking them out!


Rache Loewens: #100daysofcollage


But then making them started to feel more stressful, and I was becoming more fixated on the end goal instead of enjoying the process of making them. I mean, this should be fun, right?


Rache Loewens: #100daysofcollage


So now I am taking my time making these prints and giving myself permission to take a day off if need be. 

Rache Loewens: #100daysofcollage


I still plan on completing 100 collages, but I'm ok if it takes more than 100 days. Emily Jeffords talks about sustainable creativity on her blog and started the #doitfortheprocess hashtag on Instagram and those concepts are really resonating with me. 

Are any of you participating in the #the100daysproject?