Image Map

Monday, January 18, 2016

Knitting Koselig

So, this is the forecast I awoke to on Sunday morning. Yeah, I know. Last year, tears would have welled up in my eyes with this sort of forecast. 


Thankfully, one of my friends posted this article on how Norwegians not only survive these seeming endless cold days but actually enjoy them!
"Norwegians have a word, koselig, that means a sense of coziness. It's like the best parts of Christmas without all the stress. People light candles, light fires, drink warm beverages, and sit under fuzzy blankets." 
I can totally get behind this idea!!



My son has been wanting me to knit him a blanket since his older sister has one of her own. I'm using the Super Easy Blanket pattern/formula but with slightly different gauge and yarn (Ravelry link here). 

Hope the endless rows of garter stitch help keep me cozy at least through March!