Image Map

Thursday, August 25, 2011

My new fieldkit- this week's creative space

To keep my sanity as a stay-at-home-mom, I try to keep up with my sketching on a very regular basis. Sometimes I work at my drafting table, but most often I'm working in my living room or out on the front porch as a I hang out with my husband after dinner. This has led to my need for a field kit.
Over the years, I had always loved the up-cycled altoid tin kits and set about to make my own.


It did not go so well. It was a disaster Mod podge-ing the paper on the top, flies hopped into the container right after I sprayed the inside and the lid won't come to a close. DIY fail!
Not to be discouraged, I assembled the neccesary ingredients and gave it a go for a second time.

(half pans and full pans from Daniel Smith)

I filled my pans with paint and glued magnets on the back...


and spray painted the lid to use for mixing colors...


and voila! I now have my simple and economical field kit.



**Go here to see more creative spaces!**To see other bloggers flauting their stuff go here!**To see other gals being crafty go here!**To see other frugal projects go here!**