Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Variations on a theme....in my sketchbook


 A few weeks ago I posted this picture from my sketchbook:


Nothing grand about it, but it was fun to draw/paint so I thought that I would expound more upon this motif.


A great way to improve your drawing skills and flex those creative muscles is to draw the same thing over....


and over...


and over again!


Also, let's say hypothetically that you have a seven month old daughter who is having her first cold 
...and caring for her is zapping your energy
... and instead of sketching you spend your "free time" napping
... and you feel your sanity slipping through your fingers
and you only have enough strength to muster up drawing  the same thing over and over again!!


Of course all that is hypothetical! :-)