Image Map

Monday, November 14, 2011

From my studio...




So, I'm guessing that you think that I've taken pictures of my latest painting....




Well, guess again!




I painted my laundry detergent box!



Now, before you start with the eye-rolling, let me explain myself. I wanted to make my own laundry detergent but didn't want to put it back in the box from the grocery store. I like handmade things to be held in handmade packaging. Make sense or are you now rolling your eyes at me? :-)

Making my own detergent didn't require any extra flexing of my creative muscles. It is actually quite simple.

There are lots of recipes out there for homemade detergent that are all well-loved. Here's the one I used:
1 bar of Ivory soap grated
1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing soda


See! So much cuter than the grocery store box!