Image Map

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jury duty sketches

A few weeks ago I received a summons for jury duty. My to my dismay, having three children in diapers will not earn you an excused absence. Rats! I keep telling my husband that as long as I have to go to the courthouse, I hope it is a "big" case. Famous last words.

After a few hours of the general hurry up and wait that goes along with jury duty, we are told the name of the case and the charges. Sure enough, it is one of the biggest cases of the year for our city. It took a day and a half for the prosecutors and the defense attorneys to whittle our group from 28 to 12, and in the end, I did not make the cut.

I did try to take advantage off all the down time we had and ended up with these sketches!


Rachel Loewens: jury duty sketches


Rachel Loewens: jury duty sketches