Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sew it up... new dress for AJ out of old things


So again, I made up a fun ruffle shirt for AJ from a Goodwill find. Of course I forgot to take a pic of the original shirt so you will have to use your imagination! :-)




The gray dress part is made up from an old shirt that I tie-dyed and the cut up for this project and the print is the above-mentioned Goodwill find. 



I was even able to use the trim from the original top to make it look like I have a serger.




I used the tank pattern from Fish sticks designs which is free and runs from size 12m to 5t. There is only a direct link to the pdf so you will have to find this picture on the left sidebar. 




And for the ruffles, I just cut strips and gathered the fabric before sewing it to the shirt. I made it a size too big in hopes of being able to put a bright-colored top under it this winter.

I know that once JD is here, my time for sewing will be greatly diminished so I'm trying to do as much as I can before he gets here!