Image Map

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Road trip knitting...off the needles

This past weekend, my husband and I took our annual trip to Denver for skiing, brewery tours and fine art gazing. It usually takes us eight or so hours to get there plus many hours of hanging out with our friends so several knitting projects are usually required. :-)

I cast on the Social Climber Cowl by Liza Gustain about halfway along our journey (had problems with my first project which I will write about when I finish that project), and it kept me very happy both on the road and during our vacation.  



If you have never knit lace and are thinking about taking it on then this is the project for you. The pattern makes it easy to "read" your knitting and mistakes are easy to find/correct with this weight of yarn. 




 Since I was often talking while knitting, there were a few instances where I had to drop down several rows to fix an error. Also, I think that it is important to note that I finished weaving in my ends the day after I finished knitting. See! There is hope for me yet!