Image Map

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Off the needles... legwarmies for AJ

So, I had 24 grams of yarn leftover from this project and wanted to use it up so that it would no longer be a part of my stash.

I was thinking about knitting up a headband for AJ so that she could match her little brother when he wears his hat, but I realized that legwarmers would have a greater chance of actually staying on her.

With such a small amount of yardage (and having to double up the yarn to get gauge), I ended up with ankiewarmies instead of legwarmies. :-)



The color repeats of the yarn were as such that I would end up with one mostly green and one mostly brown warmie (see pic above). Instead, I opted to hold the yarn double in such a way that a variegated look was created. 








I have a 10+ hour (each way) road trip coming up, and I hope to be able to bang out more stash-busting projects. Stay toasty and Nae are looking to be my patters of choice!!