Image Map

Thursday, May 3, 2012

What's on and what's off (the needles)

This poor yarn of mine has now been knit up into three different projects. The one that I'm finally happy with is Wingspan by Maylin Tricoterie. I *LOVE* this pattern!! It was really interesting to knit and would look great in a heavier weight yarn.




Once it is done blocking, I will be delivering it to my dear, patient sister (this was supposed to be a present to her two Christmases ago!). 



Now, for what I'm up to at the moment! This lovely yarn has been sitting in my stash for over a year and a half now just waiting to be made into a baby boy something. I purchased the yarn before I found out the sex of my first baby (a girl), but can now use it to knit for my next baby (a boy). 




(The lighting in my living room makes the eggplant strands look more purple-ish than it really is. )



I think that this super-soft yarn will be make up one comfy hat for little JD. Round Head in a Square Hat by Stefanie Lavan is my pattern of choice and is a really quick knit.  The only issue I've had so far is how to keep all my stitches on those darn DPN's! Enter craft foam sticks.






I cut one of these into eight pieces and stuck one on each end of the needle.  




A solution that is super cheap and will hopefully lead to some other craft opportunities!